Tonnage Surveys of Select North American Wild-Harvested Plants, 2006–2010
This report presents the findings of surveys conducted by the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) to quantify an nual harvests of certain North American herbs in commerce. The specific focus of thes e surveys was on the h arvests in each of the five years from 2006 to 2010 of those plants that are used as ingredients in herbal products and that are subject to, for at leas t some part of their market demand, harvest from wild (uncultivated) populations.
- Paragraphs on each of the “at risk” plants including the reasons each is considered at risk, botanical and medicinal information.
- Handout-formatted “at risk” and “to watch” lists.
- Sustainable use of herbal medicine / wildcrafting guidelines.
- Section on giving a presentation on native medicinal plant conservation.
- Information on Partners in Education, the Botanical Sanctuary Network and other projects
- Section of resources like books, journals, websites and other organizations.
Spring into action! Get this amazing poster by joining United Plant Savers. Click here for this and other amazing perks we are offering in honor of our members and the work of UpS. Let's save the plants together... one plant at a time, one conversation at a time — and one member at a time.
Do you have someone or an organization in mind that you would like to nominate for the Medicinal Plant Conservation Award? If so send an email and tell us why. Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com
Call for Articles
Time is running out!
We want to include YOUR article
in the next Journal of Medicinal
Deadline for submissions:
January 10th, 2018
for details click here
Events that Promote the
work and mission of UpS
Florida Herbal Conference
Lake Wales, Florida
February 23th-25th, 2018
2018 DATES ANNOUNCED
United Plant Savers Medicinal Plant Conservation Certificate Program
Spring 2018: Monday, April 30 - Friday, June 8.
Fall 2018: Tuesday, Sept. 4 - Friday, Oct. 12.
Apply Online Now