Dear Friends and Members of United Plant Savers,
The time has come to collect new articles for our annual Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation, to be published in Spring 2018. We invite all of our members and supporters to tell their stories and share their knowledge and experiences in this upcoming issue. If you have participated in research or have stories or news of interest about “At-Risk” or native medicinal plants, please share with our membership.
The theme for the Spring 2018
Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation
is consciousness in herbalism.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY TO SPREAD CONSCIOUSNESS FOR PLANT CONSERVATION?
This year we have seen goldenseal listed on the IUCN redlist, the Young Living case with the illegal logging of rosewood, how do we bring consciousnes into herbalism. How do we heal our selves and the planet? How can herbalism inspire stewardship instead of resource extraction of our precious at-risk medicinal plants? We welcome your submission and we do have a selective process so not all submission will be published but we will try and share them through emails and social media when possible.
Submission Deadline: January 10, 2018
- All documents must be in WORD format.
- Please limit word count to 800 or less. If your article is longer we will edit it to fit available space. Please let us know if you would like to see edits before we go to print.
- We ask that you cite your references in APA format with (author, date). Examples can be provided from our office upon request.
- Please submit an author bio and be sure to include author information (names, affiliations, corresponding author email).
- Consider attaching a photo to accompany your piece. Please send high-resolution photos as jpeg as a separate file. Please provide captions for your photos.