Formed in the spirit of hope, United Plant Savers is a group of plant enthusiasts committed to raising public awareness of the plight of our wild medicinal plants and to protecting these plants through organic cultivation, sustainable agricultural practices, and the replanting of native medicinal species back into their natural habitats. Our goal is to ensure that these valuable medicinal plants will be preserved for our grandchildren and our grandchildrens' grandchildren.
Our membership reflects the great diversity of American herbalism and includes wildcrafters, seed collectors, manufacturers, growers, botanists, researchers, practitioners, medicine makers, educators and plant lovers from all walks of life. We are grateful for your support of our mission to Plant the Future! Should you have any questions about the joining process or membership in general please contact our main office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you sign up for annual-recurring payments (standard membership), you will be charged automatically every year on the date you sign up. If you would not like to be automatically charged, please choose your membership under 'membership options'. PLEASE BE CERTAIN THAT YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS IS ACCURATE and up to date before proceeding through payment.
We are a small office and it can take up to 2 weeks for you to receive confirmation of your membership or renewal and your membership packet. If you have questions or concerns about your transaction, please contact us by email (email@example.com) or by phone (740-742-3455). You may also join our membership by mail by sending a check in the appropriate amount along with your NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, and EMAIL to: United Plant Savers, PO Box 147, Rutland, OH 45775.
What your membership dollars support:
- General operating costs
- Subsidizing the Medicinal Plant Conservation Certificate Program
- Funding research on 'At-Risk' medicinal plants
- Provides funds for 'Planting the Future' events and workshops
- Ongoing habitat restoration and preservation at our Goldenseal Botanical Sanctuary and beyond
Benefits of Becoming a Member of UpS:
- Receive annual Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation
- Opportunities to participate in Spring and Fall Dispersals of seeds/plants for replanting purposes
- Access our Directory of nurseries, seed sources and farms that supply “at-risk” herbs
- Receive discounted registration for our Planting the Future conferences as well as other events in your area
- Become eligible for Community Grants and other benefits
- Access UpS Educational Publications and back issues of newsletters
Benefits of Becoming a Corporate Member
Corporate Members have a unique opportunity to educate their customers about issues surrounding the sustainable supply of our native medicinal plants. In addition to the regular membership benefits, Corporate Members may take advantage of the following:
- Planting the Future events: You are entitled to two attendees at the member entrance price. If you are a sponsor of the specific event, you will receive two passes free of charge, as well as booth space at the event.
- Distinction as a Corporate Member: We will send you a ‘frame-worthy’ Certificate of Corporate Membership. Your business will be listed as a Corporate Member on our website and in our annual Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation. We will reach out to your business through social media so you can receive recognition of your Corporate Membership through our active social media channels (Facebook and Pinterest).
- Education Outreach: Please send us information about educational events, classes and workshops that would be of interest to our membership. We will help spread the word through the ‘Travel and Learning’ page of our website and on our Social Media channels (Facebook, Pinterest). Please understand, however, that as a non-profit organization dedicated to education, we are not in the position to endorse your products or services. However, we desirer to support outreach initiatives that align with our educational mission.
- Showing your customers and clients you care: United Plant Savers logo signifying your Corporate Membership is downloadable from our website and includes hyperlink html to to direct your customers to our website. We also have an e-Bulletin widget that you can embed on your website so interested customers can connect with us directly. This is a fantastic way to show your customers that you care and are actively engaged with our organization and dedicated to the conservation ethic behind sustainable harvesting and sourcing of medicinal plants. If you would like to present information about UpS in your case packs, newsletters or promotional literature, please ask us and we will send or design an appropriate graphic or document.