Dear Friends and Members of United Plant Savers, The time has come to collect new articles for our annual Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation, to be published in Spring 2016. We invite all of our members and supporters to tell their stories and share their knowledge and experiences in this upcoming issue. If you have participated in research or have stories or news of interest about “At-Risk” or native medicinal plants, please share with our membership.
Theme: Understanding the Supply Chain for At-Risk Plants and the challenges to sustainable harvesting of forest botanicals
The theme for the Spring 2016 Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation is ‘Understanding the supply Chain for At-Risk Plants’. How do we balance between demand and limited supply of slow-growing wild harvested plants, what about the quality of these plants at time of harvest and the ethics in how we harvest? How do we bring ceremony into our harvesting practices and how do we make choices when buying herbs that we know are endangered. We welcome your submission and we do have a selective process so not all submission will be published but we will try and share them through emails and social media when possible.
January 10, 2016
- All documents must be in WORD (.doc, .docx, .rtf) format.
- Please limit word count to 500 or less. If your article is longer we will edit it to fit available space. Please let us know if you would like to see edits before we go to print.
- We ask that you cite your references in APA format with (author, date). Examples can be provided from our office upon request.
- Please submit an author bio and be sure to include author information (names, affiliations, corresponding author email).
- Consider attaching a photo to accompany your piece. We print in black and white so keep that in mind when choosing a photo. Please provide captions for your photos.
EMAIL QUESTIONS and SUBMISSIONS TO:
Beth Baugh, Editor
email@example.com -or- firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring into action! Get this amazing poster by joining United Plant Savers. Click here for this and other amazing perks we are offering in honor of our members and the work of UpS. Let's save the plants together... one plant at a time, one conversation at a time — and one member at a time.
Do you have someone or an organization in mind that you would like to nominate for the Medicinal Plant Conservation Award? If so send an email and tell us why. Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com
Call for Articles
Time is running out!
We want to include YOUR article
in the next Journal of Medicinal
Deadline for submissions:
January 10th, 2018
for details click here
Events that Promote the
work and mission of UpS
Florida Herbal Conference
Lake Wales, Florida
February 23th-25th, 2018
2018 DATES ANNOUNCED
United Plant Savers Medicinal Plant Conservation Certificate Program
Spring 2018: Monday, April 30 - Friday, June 8.
Fall 2018: Tuesday, Sept. 4 - Friday, Oct. 12.
Apply Online Now